Welcome to WBD Access!
Where Talent Meets Access.
At Warner Bros Discovery we believe in authentic, meaningful connection - to each other, to culture, and to our consumer. That's why we empower fearless storytellers who bring our world into focus - and create cultural touchstones with the power to draw us together. Through best-in-class talent development programs, mentorship, placement opportunities and industry exposure, WBD Access serves as a powerful conduit connecting underrepresented talent to our content and brands.
To APPLY to our programs scroll down and click SUBMIT!
Please also visit our website to learn more about our WBD Access Programs!
Follow us on Social!
2023 Warner Bros. Discovery Access X Black Britain Unspoken (BBU) aims to discover talent and identify stories about Black British lives. This exciting filmmaking initiative is aimed at Black British storytellers, filmmakers, and creatives who can share experiences and perspectives of being Black in the UK.
Through Black Britain Unspoken, three filmmakers will be chosen to produce a short-form documentary (max. 5 mins) from the submissions received, which may go on to air on the discovery+ platform during the Black History Month (October 2023).
All submissions will be looked at by an appointed panel and a shortlist of 10 will be invited to a pitch day at Warner Bros. Discovery’s London offices. Three projects will be greenlit and provided with a production budget of up to £15,000 as well as production management support. Alongside this, each filmmaker will receive professional development workshops through our partners Media Trust.
Last year's pitched stories touched on the challenges of intersectionality in Black community, the impact of architecture in Black areas and, even a story about a Black Santa Christmas experience. This year we continue to look for unique stories that speak about the Black British experience.
BBU forms part of the Warner Bros Discovery Access, our creative talent development programmes that champion underrepresented voices.
Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions before submitting your application.
- To be eligible for the project, you must -
- Identify as Black (or of Black heritage) and British.
- Be aged 18 or older
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have no more than three broadcast credits as a director or writer or have written or directed a feature length film or documentary
You can apply for Black Britain Unspoken using the submittable form below.
- Submission window: 29 March – 28 April 2023 (applications close at 23:59 BST)
- Pitch Day for shortlisted applications: 9 June 2023
- Final outcomes: Week beginning 12 June 2023
- Training programme kicks off (3 sessions throughout the period of production): Mid-June 2023
- Pre-production: June 2023
- Production/Post Production: July-August 2023
- Final films delivered: September 2023
- Films premiered: October 2023
*Subject to change